In some parts of the world, you may be celebrating with your family and friends about the fantastic year. I will be sleeping throughout the day and working the night. There are no holidays for nurse aides.
I want to tell you what I am thankful for this year:
- My marriage. I know you probably think he is a controlling ass, but he's not, I swear. I'm thankful in an era where 50% of first marriages dissolve, I'm still happily married. I have a man that bought me a house and a puppy just to make me happy. I have a man that does the dishes, cleans my messes, puts up all the decorations for the holidays up, cooks for me, goes to Kroger at 3 AM to get me cold medicine, and does all my laundry just to make things easy on me. He even said we can 'entertain' the idea of trying for a kid next year. I guess you can call me spoiled. Yes, he doesn't want me to spin fire mainly cause he's afraid I'm going to instantly combust into flame with it near me. This is coming from a guy who is petrified about fires though.
- Hooping. Hooping has changed my life in silly small ways. It's completely ridiculous, I know. I haven't lost 43058239042390 pounds like some people. I'm not making much money through hooping (I've sold 3 hoops so far and given away the rest). Hooping has given me a passion, confidence, friends, a reason to live again. I'm not saying I was about to kill myself before hooping. It's just I realized through a storming-hoop session that I had lost myself throughout the years. I lost my passion for life and I was just floating. I use to love playing in storms but I had stopped. I found I could be beautiful through the hoop. I have done things that I would have never done without the hoop. I found writing again through the hoop. I loved to write as a kid but after school I made no time for it. Now, I write for this blog, hooping.org, and some local stuff I want to get going. I've inspired people (I hope) through my videos.
- New Friends. So the hoop has given me this and it amazing. I love people, like Paige and Sarah, that I've met through hoop jams. These are people I wish I had known long ago. But thank you, hoop for helping me find these amazing people. Then there are other people like Nan from work. I really appreciate talking to a "Mom" that isn't like, "you gots to change yer life when you get a witty baby in your tum tum."
- My animals. Even though sometimes you hurt me and make me cry, I love you and your itty bitty faces that make me smile.
Some people and other things to mention:
- Caroleeena- Taking your class was such a blessing. I was able to learn new things that I didn't know I was even ready for. It was amazing and some of your words still touch me. Your facebook posts are amazing and inspiring. I only hope one day that I am as loved as you are in the hooping community. <3
- Lara Eastburn-If it wasn't for one comment you made to me during the one Hoopsophy article on hooping.org that had the group questions, I would have given up. I thought that my large hoop was going to be forever. Hearing that someone started with a hoop larger than mine made me believe that I could one day have a "normal" hoop.
- Ann Humphreys-I love your occupation updates. You dance so beautifully with the hoop and I am so glad that I escaped to take that one class with you. I felt so inspired once I left your class. Thank you. I love the fact that someone I consider a celebrity was waving to me in their car! It's like wow that famous person knows me!
- Shekinah Spins and Kym Spins-I love love love your blogs so much! I feel like I know you guys and would love to spin with both of you some day.
- Philo and Hooping.org-When I first googled hooping, somehow I found Hooping.org. It was right at the results of the Hoopie awards. I thought to myself that day, "I will win a Hoopie one day!" Although I wasn't sure how I could possibly do that! Please remember when Hoopies come out soon, I could totally be eligible for 2012 Newbie Award. :p I would read hooping.org everyday and be depressed on the weekends that I couldn't read. I still watch Hooping Idol videos to cheer myself up. Also, I still love the Gotta Hoop video from Philo. I absolutely love hooping.org and I'm so proud to be able to write for hooping.org. You have no clue how much I screamed when I saw my first tutorial posted on there. John thought I had died.
- Hoopnotica DVDs- You helped me a whole lot throughout these few months. Thanks Hoopnotica for supplying videos that grow with you!
- And last but not least, thank you to my readers! Thank you for caring to read through my silly thoughts on this blog.
|Hoops ready to be taped and some new BodyHoops hoops|